Squirrels are known for their capability to cause severe damage to houses. The presence of squirrels is usually first noticeable by the loud noises and scratching, often in the attic. Most often, properties in London get infested with squirrels in the attic but the furry rodents also hide anywhere else they feel safe.
Panther Pest Control provides full squirrel control for your property in London and the surrounding areas. The technicians use a combination of pest control methods, to ensure full squirrel removal and humane dispatch of the furry rodents.
- We understand you are very busy, so you can hire us every day of the week and in the evenings, for no extra charge. You can rely on us for emergency squirrel pest control as well.
- The squirrel removal and the rest of the rodent control services are not hourly based and the technician will leave once the job is completely done.
- We are aware of the damage squirrels can cause to your property – chewing on cables, pipes and furniture – and guarantee that we will leave your home or office completely squirrel-free.
- You can save money if you book more than one type of treatment with us.
- Our customer care centre works 24/7 so we are always at your service.
Our Squirrel Control in Details
- Inspection: A squirrel control expert will do a full property inspection for signs of infestation such as squirrel droppings, ensuring every infested area will be treated.
- Treatment: He will come equipped with squirrel traps and will carefully place them in or around your property in London to catch all squirrels.
- Humane Removal: The professional will dispatch of the trapped squirrels in a humane way.
- Squirrel-Proofing: The technician will proof your property, preventing squirrel re-infestation, blocking all holes and entryways the squirrels could use.
- Re-Infestation Prevention Advice: He can also advise you on how to prevent future pest infestation in your home or office.
Request a quote
Facts About Squirrels
There are around 260 species of squirrels in the world and about 40 of them are categorized as “flying squirrels”.
Squirrels, just as rats, can transmit the bubonic plague to humans.
To make it through the challenging winter in the UK, squirrels store nuts and seeds at various places and return to them when in need of a food source.
Squirrel babies are called kittens and are born blind.
Squirrels usually prefer nesting in tree trunks. Yet, they could choose your attic for nesting as well as protection against predators like snakes, owls and hawks.
In U.S.A. the squirrel is a national symbol of trust, preparation and thriftness.
Click Here to Learn More About Squirrels
Kinds and Appearance
Squirrels can easily be characterised by their long slender bodies, their big eyes and most of all – their big, bushy tails. Being a tree-dwelling species of rodents, squirrels have excellent sight and can easily climb to higher ground by using their paws, even though their “legs” are larger than their “hands”. Squirrels also have the defining characteristic of all rodents – the large gnawing incisors, which allow them to easily munch on harder foods, such as nuts.
Why Do They Come to Our Homes?
Squirrels are the least-invasive type of rodents, as they generally prefer to live and thrive outdoors, rather than indoors. Situations, in which a squirrel has invaded your home, may be due to its low supply of food. Many rodents tend to search through the environs for food and squirrels are likely to enter your home, provided they can’t find any food or if there is a scent of some sort, which they are attracted to.If necessary they’d seek shelter in your property, usually in the attic. Your home offers a very tough barrier between them and their predators and offers perfect conditions for nesting and taking care of their kittens.
Where Do Squirrels Enter Your Home From?
Squirrels often use higher branches in trees to reach higher spots or use cables to run up to the desired spot. If they’re on ground, they’d seek cracks and holes, gaps and missing shingles space where they can pass through.
How Would You Know If You Had Squirrels In Your House?
Squirrels are not that difficult to notice when they’ve invaded your home. You’d hear noises first, as squirrels would thump and scratch wherever they pass through. They often make holes by chewing through various spots and material and leave urine stains. Strong, unpleasant smell is another indicator of an infestation problem.
Prevent Property Damage By Booking Professional Squirrel Controllers in London
Though squirrels are not known to carry dangerous diseases and infections, they can be persistent in gnawing through almost everything in their way. Letting a mild-level squirrel infestation grow into a serious problem means severe property damage including:
- Damage of insulation and wood elements in the attic area.
- Torn wires
- Ruined furniture
- Ceiling and wall damage – they often chew holes and leave urine stains
- Dropping in the infested area, as well as other signs in the yard.