Cat and dog fleas are very common in UK. Despite their name, they are known to bite humans as well. Spotting and catching them is quite difficult because of their small size and quickness.
We offer discreet and affordable flea treatment for homes and commercial premises located in the whole M25 region and areas outside Greater London. You can also take advantage of our eco-friendly heat treatment which ensures total removal of variety of insects, including fleas.
- We offer a wide array of booking slots including same day, weekdays and evenings.
- We can send the technician with a non-branded van to perform a discreet treatment.
- Our services comply with COSHH (Control of Substance Hazardous to Health) regulations.
- You can book a full service which means you can request two additional flea treatment sessions. The offer is valid for a period of 3 months from the date of the initial treatment.
- Our customer support representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you can request even emergency treatments.
- You will save money when booking more than one service for a single visit. You can request bed bugs treatment or another service in addition to flea removal and get a discount.
Here’s How We Perform Pest Control For Fleas
- The flea treatment job is usually completed in one visit. It includes full property inspection to determine which the infested areas are and how they should be treated.
- The flea exterminator will apply the most appropriate insecticide in accordance with the infestation level in your business or residential property in London. The flea fumigation have a 3-month residual effect.
- The pest control expert will give you specific instructions. This includes the requirement to wait at least 5 days before vacuum cleaning and wiping the treated areas which will ensure maximum effect. You will also be given professional tips for flea and tick prevention.
Facts about Fleas
The female flea can lay up to 2 000 eggs in her lifetime. This process starts within 36-48 hours of her first blood feeding.
On a single day a flea can drink 15 times its own body weight in blood. It can also jump 150 times its own height.
A flea can live up to 100 days without consuming blood.
Fleas have been on our planet for about 100 million years.
Fleas can cause a serious allergic reaction called Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD). The condition is an allergic reaction to flea saliva.
Only adult fleas feed on their host’s blood.
Click Here to Learn More About Fleas
Species: P. irritans
Binomial name: Pulex irritans
The flea species which like residing in people’s homes are the human, cat and dog fleas.
Lifespan: If fleas find a suitable host, they could live up to 100 days and can produce an offspring of up to 500 larvae which is … A lot of biting.
These little bandits vary from black to reddish brown in colour (some think it depends on the light you observe them under). As a matter of fact, homeowners have difficulty spotting the difference between fleas and bedbugs and often confuse one with the other.
Why Do Fleas Come Into The House?
Fleas get exhausted quickly, so they need a host to feed on their blood. Normally, these are pets like dogs and cats but fleas are not picky eaters. If they can, they will treat themselves to your blood and use you as host. They’re active during the warm summer months.
Are Fleas Dangerous To Humans?
Fleas are super irritating with their biting and can be very dangerous, especially when they’ve chosen a baby animal as their host. They are also dangerous to people, as their saliva causes severe allergic reactions.
Can Fleas Cause Allergies In Humans?
There is a possibility for allergic symptoms. After the flea’s done feeding on your blood, it leaves a bite mark which resembles a reddish bump. It is incredibly itchy and for this reason, people often scratch it until it becomes sore.
Pest Disinfection and Sanitation
Request a flea disinfection service anywhere in London at preferential rates now and enjoy a sanitised home after you have already dealt with the irritating pests. The insecticide has to work for 5 days and afterwards you can schedule a disinfection of the treated premises. The task will be carefully executed by a well-trained team of cleaning specialists.Request a quote