If you’ve experienced unexplained dust allergy and skin rashes, you probably got house dust mites in your home. Every used mattress is populated by millions of the microscopic arachnids and that makes dust mite bites a common thing among people in London.
There is no way to win this battle on your own but with our dust mite control service, success is guaranteed! Let the professional technicians assist you with UV dust mites treatment in London.
The Panther Pest Control team uses highly effective UV vacuum cleaners which absorb mites, dead skin, dust and other residues from your mattress.
- Flexible booking slots are availabile whenever you need immediate action – evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays;
- Protection and dust mite prevention of asthma, allergic reactions and sleep disorder for people allergic to dust mites;
- Elimination of bacteria and allergens as well to ensure clean home environment;
- Your property will be treated with special UV vacuum cleaner, which means the service is totally non-toxic and eco-friendly;
- We can send a technician with non-branded van for your full discretion;
- 24/7 customer support availability both over the phone and online;
- Book more than one service for a visit and get a discount. For example, request bed bugs treatment or cockroaches control.
See How Dust Mites Control Is Done:
- The technician will arrive on time and will start inspecting the property. This way he will know what the level of infestation is and which areas he should treat like carpeting, mattresses and draperies.
- Once the property survey is complete, dust mite removal with the specialised equipment will be carried out. The dust mite controller will use a UV light vacuum cleaner which kills all house mites and their offspring. This treatment will eliminate a lot of bacteria and allergens, as well.
- If the infestation is too severe to treat with UV equipment the dust mites exterminator will apply a special spray. It is not like the common pest treatment solutions you will find on every supermarket shelf. Products like these are for professional use only, which means only a licensed pest controller would know how to use it safely. What’s more, a common insecticide solution will be effective only for insects- a group which does not include dust mites.
- You may book a full service with us and get up to 2 additional dust mite treatments for a period of three months after the first service.
Facts About Dust Mites You Didn’t Know
House dust mites primarily feed off dead skin cells, regularly shed by humans and their pets. They’re often confused with bed bugs, the main difference being that dust mites are not parasites and do not bite.
Beds and pillows are dust mites’ main habitat, where 1/3 of their lives occur. A typical used mattress may have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million mites inside.
Mites are one of the top reasons for causing allergy symptoms outside of the pollen season.
Although mites do not bite, they can cause asthma to people with atopic disease or family history of that disease.
Dust mites cannot survive in places where humidity is lower than 55%.
The weight of a pillow can increase with 10% after one year, because of dead dust mites and their faeces.
Click Here to Learn More About Dust Mites
Species: D. pteronyssinus
They’re more closely related to spiders and ticks than insects.
How Big Is A Dust Mite?
Normally, dust mites are microscopic and cannot be seen with an unaided eye. An adult mite measures between 0.2-0.3 mm in length. Their bodies are translucent, yet they sometimes are said to have a beige coloration. Their bodies are round and striated.
Where can dust mites be found?
Dust mites thrive in the darker and damp rooms of your home. Bedrooms and household items which you often use such as furniture in the living room where you can shed dead skin cells are the perfect swarming spot for dust mites.
Reasons Dust Mites Are A Microscopic Threat To Your Health
Why do you get allergies from dust mites?
Their faeces have a high concentration of proteins from feeding on your skin cells which may cause allergy symptoms. They pose a threat to people with astma by making the symptoms more severe.
Request a Pest Disinfection Now
You can request professional disinfection and sanitation in addition to the dust mites treatment. We can provide you with high quality mattress, carpet or upholstery cleaning to ensure your property will be 100% free of bacteria and allergens.Request a quote