Pigeons can seriously damage buildings and monuments with their droppings. These urban birds can also transmit diseases to humans such as salmonella and histoplasmosis.
Panther Pest Control is here to help you out by providing professional bird proofing, pigeon control and seagull removal in London. We offer services for both commercial and domestic clients.
- We can send a pest technician even on a short notice for emergency treatments.
- The technician can arrive with a non-branded van for your discretion.
- We offer professional bird netting for buildings in London as well as bird-proofing with fire gel and anti-pigeon spikes.
- The bird controller will hygienically dispose of any bird droppings without contaminating the environment.
- We can help you with a wide range of bird prevention services. So, why not take advantage? Simply book an additional service like rat control or woodworm treatment and get a discount.
- There’s always a customer service representative who can give you additional information about our fast and efficient bird removal services.
Professional Bird Sanitation and Disinfection
Birds, especially pigeons, transmit various disease. For this reason, we highly recommend a sanitation or complete disinfection service after the bird control is complete.
Upon additional request, we may send a professional cleaning team that will wipe off all harmful traces the birds might have left at your property.
If that’s not enough to guarantee your safety, an extensive spraying with biocide will disinfect the whole area that’s been infested by the birds. With this service you get a guaranteed extermination of up to 99.99% of any bacteria transmitted by the birds.
Experience Top-Quality Pigeon Netting Service Today
- For bird proofing we have to do a survey of the property first. We’ll send an experienced bird exterminator to inspect your property in London and check the severity of the bird problem. He’ll determine how to deal with any pigeon or seagull issues hygienically and professionally.
- After the inspection the bird control specialist will place discreet netting and spikes to prevent seagulls and pigeons from nesting or roosting on roofs, deterring them from landing. This solution can protect whole roofs, warehouses and buildings which will keep them from settling and perching. Pigeon removal and seagull netting in London is particularly effective for large open areas – it provides an impenetrable barrier that protects the premises without harming the birds.
- The technician will also put fire gel on places where birds usually land to repel them.
- If there are any dead pigeons or other birds such as seagulls in your property, Panther Pest Control can help you out with the disposal of their carcasses as well.
Fact About Pigeons You Need To Know:
Pigeons are known to be filthy and play role in transmitting diseases and cause food poisonings.
There are 4 major diseases associated with pigeon droppings: Histoplasmosis, Cryptococcosis, Salmonella, Psittacosis. Pigeon droppings can also damage buildings and monuments.
Pigeons can infest domestic and commercial properties with bird mites, which are tiny arachnids that feed on human and animal blood.
Pigeons had an important role in saving people’s lives during WWI and WWII. They were used to carry messages to various places.
Pigeons are smarter than you think. They have the ability to recognize different letters from the alphabet and even differentiate two separate people.
Click Here to Learn More About Pigeons
There are 5 major pigeon species found in the UK: the wild rock dove, the feral pigeon, the turtle dove, the collared dove and the wood pigeon. Feral pigeons (Columba livia domestica), also known as city or street pigeon is the most famous among all UK species.
How Does A Pigeon Look?
They vary in colour – from white to grey with green, yellow or purple iridescence along the neck. When it comes to size adult pigeons reach a length between 29- 35 cm. Their wingspan is approximately 60 – 68 cm and they weigh between 315 g – 410 g.
What Causes Pigeon Infestations?
Pigeons, just like other animals, prefer the easier option of living within your property. If there is something which could become their food source, they will definitely make themselves at home, so they could exploit as much of the resources as possible. They’re quick to build their nests and little by little expand their colonies, thus ruining buildings and monuments throughout the whole capital.
Did You Know: Pigeons are very cunning and rely on people’s generosity. They’re aware people will feed them seeds of breadcrumbs. That’s why they gather in large groups in parks or other places. This is one of the main reasons why the feeding of pigeons in Trafalgar square was forbidden.
Do Pigeons Carry Diseases?
Feral pigeons are often referred to as “flying rats”, because similarly to rats they transmit a huge number of diseases like Salmonella, Candidiasis, Encephalitis, Toxoplasmosis and others. Not only do they carry these diseases but have parasites like bed bugs, ticks and bird mites, as well. If they aren’t controlled and removed on time, there’s a fair chance they could contaminate the water and food supplies, thus posing a threat to your health.
Request a quote