Ants in UK are not dangerous but can still cause inconvenience while they search your property for food leftovers. To save you from this tiny invasion we perform professional ant control in London.
Before the actual treatment we identify the ant species and choose the right type of insecticides and baits for the situation.
- The ant pest control is carried out by experienced and certified ant exterminator.
- You can take advantage of our same-day and emergency treatments. We work during weekdays, evenings, weekend and bank holidays as well.
- We can arrive with a non-branded van so your neighbours won’t know that you have a pest problem.
- The services we provide comply with the COSHH (Control of Substance Hazardous to Health) regulations.
- Combine ant control with other services like bed bugs treatment and get great discounts.
- We provide 24-hour customer support, so you can call us anytime to request additional information or book treatment from us.
Ant Removal Service Session Step By Step
- Ant treatments usually require 1 visit. During this session, the technician will inspect the property thoroughly in order to determine the severity of the ant infestation and thus apply the most relevant removal method.
- After the ant identification is finished, the Panther Pest Exterminator spraying and applying a special gel in the affected areas. Ants passing through these spots will carry the gel to the nest where it will eliminate the whole colony.
- The applied substance should work for 5 days. This means you shouldn’t vacuum clean or wipe the treated areas for 5-day period. Additionally, the ant controller will tell you how to prevent future re-infestations.
Facts About Ants
Ants and garden ants in particular have never been associated with diseases of any kind, though some tropical species, like the Pharaoh’s ant carry around disease organisms. These can instantly contaminate any sterile materials they come in contact with.
The regular garden ant’s diet consists mainly of sweet substances, a variety of seeds and other small insects. They also feast on and farm aphid secretions, commonly known as ‘honey dew’.
During the Summer season, many home owners find specimens of the common black ant within their homes. This gives the illusion that their nest is located indoors, while it’s actually outdoors in the garden or under a paving stone – the ants are simply scavenging for food.
In the late period of Summer, a large number of winged, sexually mature males and females “swarm” and mate. Afterwards, the males die off and a fraction of the mated females begin new ant colonies.
The deadliest ant species on the planet are Driver ants. They’re nomadic, aggressive and constantly on the move. They’re also known to eat any animal which wasn’t fast enough to escape them.
When scout ants forage for food they leave a pheromone to mark the trail. This way the rest of the workers will know where the food is.
Click Here to Learn More About Ants
Invasive Ants Species
Ants – also known as the “all-consuming crawling horrors” – are cosmopolitan insects and common property invaders. There are a few ant species which often turn up in people’s home, offices or other buildings. You might say they fall under the category most common ant species. Though they differ in appearance, they have all a common goal which makes them “visit” your property. Here’s a short list of the common invaders species:
- Black Garden Ants (Lasius Niger)
- Roger’s Ant (Hypoponera punctatissima)
- Pharaoh’s Ant (Monomorium pharaonis)
- Ghost Ant (Tapinoma melanocephalum)
- Pavement Ant (Tetramorium caespitum)
What Causes Ants In The House?
This is one of the most common ant-related questions. We might call them “the adventurous burglars” of the insect world. Otherwise, why would a tiny ant decide to invite all its friends to the lair of a giant ape-like mammal? As long as there’s food, regardless of their species, ants will keep paying you visits. As they’re tiny they can roam your home or office freely in search for a snack. Just like tiny insect ninjas they have scouts and often form foraging trails after the food check is done.
Some of the ant species, however, might have other reasons to come to your house besides food. Some of the ant types prefer damp places like kitchens and bathrooms and would invade your property, so their colony lives rent-free in your home.
Are Ants Dangerous To Humans?
Generally speaking, ants are harmless and peaceful insects. And yet, if they feel threatened by you, they might bite you. An ant bite in its own turn may lead to a severe allergic reaction. If your organism doesn’t produce such a reaction, the bite would still hurt.
Some species like the Pharaoh’s ant may not bite you but will threaten your health. They’re known to transmit staphylococcus, salmonella and clostridium, which causes botulism.
Pest Disinfection Services
Request a sanitation for your home after the ant control treatment at preferential rates. 5 days are required for the insecticides to settle down. Once this happens, a team of sanitation experts can carefully remove any traces of ants that disrupt the hygiene of your home.Request a quote